1) Hello, this is ________ with Fener English. How can I help you?
2) I’m calling about…
3) May I speak with…?
4) Would you mind holding for a moment while I…?
5) I’m sorry I didn’t catch that. Could you repeat that please?
6) Just to clarify, you said __________, is that correct?
7) I’m sorry he isn’t available at the moment. Can I take a message for him?
8) I’ll have him get back with you as soon as possible.
9) Please tell her that _________ called. Can you ask her to return my call as soon as she’s available?
10) When would be a good time to come by?
11) How are you getting on with…?
12) What’s the news on… ?
13) On the whole, things are going well.
14) That said…
15) I’ve got a few concerns about…
16) We’re working on a solution already.
17) It shouldn’t take us long to sort this out.
18) Do you have a handle on…?
19) You bet.
Quizlet Vocabulary Phone Conversations Set:
As you complete each exercise in the Quizlet app, click the box next to it below to track your progress.
Open the link below and read the article Harvard Business Article: “Words and Phrases to Avoid in a Difficult Conversation” (While this isn’t directly about phone conversations, these are phrases that should stay out of most professional phone conversations as well.)