Happy Valentine’s Day! For Americans, Valentine’s Day is known as the “day of love” and is celebrated on the 14th of February every year. This day usually involves loved ones giving and receiving flowers, candy, cards and more! Although most of us don’t entirely know why we celebrate Valentine’s Day, we do know that it’s a day where we have even more reason to tell the people in our lives just how much they mean to us!
According to the Greeting Card Association, an estimated 1 billion Valentine’s Day cards are sent each year, making it the second largest card-sending holiday of the year. (That is A LOT of cards!) So in honor of this “day of love,” and the 1 billion cards sent out yearly, below are some ways you can write a little message of love to your valentine.
For a Friend:
- “Thank you for being such a faithful friend. I’m thankful for you! Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “Valentine’s Day and everyday, I love you and am grateful for your friendship. Happy Valentine’s Day.”
- “Happy Valentine’s Day to one of my favorite people! You are one of a kind.”
For a Family Member:
- “I love you and miss you [Dad] and can’t wait to see you next month at [Ali’s wedding]! Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “Eating some strawberry cheesecake today in your honor, [Mom]. It’s not as good as yours, but it reminds me of celebrating Valentine’s Day with you growing up! I love you.”
- “As a [sister], as a friend, as a Valentine, you are THE BEST! Happy Valentine’s Day!”
For a Child:
- “Happy Valentine’s Day to one of our sweetest blessings. We love you.”
- “Wishing a wonderful Valentine’s Day to my favorite  year old! XOXO”
- “Missing you and sending you a big Valentine’s Day hug and kiss. I love you!”
For that Special Someone:
- “Has it really been  years? I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Happy Valentine’s Day.”
- “Thank you for being you and for being mine. I love you. Happy Valentine’s Day!”
- “I couldn’t ask for a more wonderful [husband]. My heart is forever yours. I love you!”
A few tips:
- You can use humor. If you know the person you are writing to will enjoy something funny from you, go for it!
- Write whatever you think will make the person receiving your card feel the most loved.
- Most important: be yourself.
To get helpful vocabulary words from this post in the form of flash cards, sign up for Fener Weekly right here.