Welcome to your 10 Phrases for Formal Phone Conversations
1. I’m sorry, I didn’t catch that. Can you _____ what you said?
2. If you need to find out more information, what can you say to the person on the phone?
3. *You are making a call for work in English* Company: “Hello Cemre, this is Cenk with Fener English, I’m calling to set up your lesson for this week!” Client: “Hi, Cenk! Now is actually not a good time, Cemre is at work. “___________________”? What question would be the BEST response QUESTION** to let Cenk know that the person he needs to set the lesson up with will get back to him later?
4. What’s the best way to answer the phone at your job?
5. What should you say if the person you want to speak with is NOT the one that answers the phone?